The LDS Matchmaker, LLC
The LDS Matchmaker, LLC (“TLM”) respects your privacy and has developed this Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) to demonstrate its commitment to protecting your privacy. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the same meanings provided to them in TLM’s Terms of Service.
1. Information TLM Collects.
The types of information that TLM collects fall under two general categories: personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”). PII consists of any information which can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity.
2. How TLDSM Collects Information.
a. Information About You. When you register or subscribe to any of TLM’s Services, TLM collects a wide variety of information about you.
b. Purchase Information. To process purchases, TLM may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order of TLM’s Services.
c. E-mails and Telephone Calls. TLM requires an e-mail address and phone number from you when you register for TLM’s Services. TLM will use your e-mail for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation, renewal processing, notifying of matches) and promotional (e.g., new Service offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers) purposes. If you would rather not receive promotional e-mails from TLM, please see the section below labeled “Choice/Opt-Out”. TLM reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to TLM’s Services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. TLM may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to TLM) in connection with TLM’s Services.
3. How TLM Uses Information.
a. TLM may use information that TLM collects about you to:
i. deliver the Services that you have requested;
ii. manage your account and provide you with customer support;
iii. communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
iv. verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
v. enforce or exercise any rights in TLM’s Terms of Service;
vi. manage TLM’s business; and
vii. perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
b. Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that TLM may disclose information you provide if TLM is required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if TLM in its sole discretion, believes that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend TLM’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
c. Disclosure to Trusted Third Parties By TLM. TLM may share your non-PII with third parties, but not in a manner that would reveal your identity. TLM may share your PII, sometimes in conjunction with your non-PII, with service providers that may be associated with UM to perform functions on TLM’s behalf. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and will not be used for any other purpose than purposes that TLM authorizes. In addition, from time to time, TLM may share PII (such as e-mail or mailing address) about TLM's user base with carefully selected third parties, so they can offer goods and services that TLM believes may be of interest to TLM users. If you do not wish to receive offers from TLM’s trusted partners, you can change your e-mail preferences at any time by following the steps outlined in the “Choice/Opt-Out” section below.
d. Information Transferred As a Result of Sale of Business. As TLM develop its business, TLM may buy or sell assets and, depending on the transaction, your PII may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that TLM is acquired by another company, your PII may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party. If this occurs, you will be notified if there are any material changes to the way your PII is collected or used.
4. Age Restrictions. TLDSM’s age restrictions are set forth in the Terms of Service. TLM does not target the UM Site or Services to children under the age of 13, and in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, any information TLM may receive from users TLM believes to be under the age of 13 will be purged from TLM’s database.
5. Security. TLM has extensive security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information stored in TLM’s database. These measures include the use of use of industry standard secure server software (SSL) to ensure the safety of your personal information. TLM does not store credit card or financial information. TLM will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and TLM’s servers, but given that no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, TLM cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to TLM over the Internet and hence accepts no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
6. Choice/Opt-Out. You may remove your information from TLM’s e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters. To do so, please send a written request letting TLM know which promotional e-mails you wish to opt-out of to:
The LDS Matchmaker, LLC
PO Box 490
Draper, UT 84020
7. Updating Your Information. To change or modify information previously submitted to TLM, including deletion of your personal information (but TLM may keep certain information for recordkeeping integrity, fraud prevention, enforcement of TLM’s terms, or to the extent it relates to a pending dispute), you can send a written request to the postal address listed above, providing TLM with your account information and letting TLM know which information you wish to update.
Effective Date. This Privacy Statement was last revised on January 24, 2013.